Tuesday 6 August 2013

Alice text ATCs: By zuzu

 
I don't blog hop very often as I find I prefer not to accidentally see something, then forget I saw it and think I thought of it myself. But on occasion, i am referred to a cool blog post by a friend or craft colleague.  So I was over looking at a cool altered bottle on a blog and i found myself wandering down the pages. I came across a great idea for ATCs using book pages and i have adapted it. the original blog i saw the idea on is well worth a visit. lots of quality crafting. its Angelica's blog and you can find it HERE....
Simply cut out a pile of ATC sized bits from book pages (in this case an old alice book would have been cool but I dont have one, so I used what came to hand in my old book pile on the craft table.0

you can use as many or as few pages as you like and you can glue them, tie them, add eyelets, sew them.... whatever. Here I punched a couple of holes in each bundle of pages, and used some jute string to join them.

I stained the edges with ink and stamped the main image on a sheet of paper from the book, that had no text on it. I coloured in my images lightly then cut them out and glued them on. the White rabbit ATC has a pocketwatch stamped directly on to the text paper and then a cut out rabbit stuck on over it.

I only tied them together on one edge because i liked that they were self supporting and could stand up by fanning out the pages.

Stamps Used:

Mabel Lucie Attwell. "cut off her head"
Mabel Lucie Attwell "white Rabbit"
Pocket watch from the "time and keys" plate

10 comments:

Ali said...

Love this idea! So cute and I love the vintage feel of it.

Ali

Paula Whittaker said...

Nice idea indeed.

Sid said...

Great idea for a mini book !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab idea, the look cool!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

this is a great idea, and what a result !!! thank you for sharing !

Laura said...

Love anything made with text from book pages! What a cool idea to cut ATC sized bits!!! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Laura

Artyjen said...

Great mini book idea and still plenty of room for adding extra stuff! ;)
xoxo Sioux

AngelicaS said...

I love your version!!!
And thank you so much for your kind words,so glad to be able to provide some inspiration to anyone who herself offers so many great ideas and is a source of inspiration for so many people...

Unknown said...




SPLENDIDE
BRAVOµ

Words and Pictures said...

Completely love these, Zuzu - and love Angelica's work - though hadn't seen this particular link...
Alison x