Thursday 8 August 2013

Ladies Album part 2 by Titbelsoeur

Salut les vacancières, c'est Titbelsoeur qui vous écrit !

My last post was about this fabric book I made for the first time in my life. And I must admit I am pretty satisfied of the result, for a first attempt ! 

I have made all the pages the same way : randomly sewing pieces of fabric, AND on each page a Lady stamped on a small square of drawing paper.This was a good opportunity to play with my various stamps from the Artistic Stamper, faces and backgrounds !

First I stamped the lady's face, masked it, and then stamped over it. I have chosen to use Gibson Girls, but not only. I have also stamped more contemporary women, like Collage Art, Age Solid , Happy Girl or Kiki 

The various background stamps come from : Encyclopaedia Botanica, A Stitch in Time,
Numerical plate, Journaling Words, Time and Keys ...


Here they are :







 I had a very good time making my first fabric book for you, and I hope you like it,
I also hope I gave you a terrible desire to do the same ! 


Thanks for stopping by, I am like always looking forward to reading your comments !


A tout bientôt !


6 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

A fabulous book Tit, it looks great! The woman all look so cool stamped against their backgrounds! What a great way to use all those wonderful stamps!

Zuzu's Blog said...

I have also just completed my first fabric book and such a lot of fun it was. your book is wonderful lots to look at. wonderful layers of fabric; patterns and images.
Z x

Sid said...

Looks fab !!

Anonymous said...

I love it, it's gorgeous.

Unknown said...



waouhhhhhhhhhhhh j adore
bravo

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely to see some more of the album - the pages look amazing! Gorgeous use of the stamps, and such lovely fabrics and colours.
Alison x