Tuesday 20 August 2013

Metallic Floral Cuff by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers!
For my second August post, I have some wearable art to share with you.
 I began by cutting an 8.5 x 2.5 inch strip of Grungepaper.
I embossed it with a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder, to add some texture. 
Then, I painted both sides with black Studio Gesso, & once this was dry, I applied some coppery Guilding Wax to it. I added some green gold highlights, dried it with a heat tool, & buffed it with a soft cloth.
I cut 2 strips of Studio Sticky Back Canvas, one 8.5 x 1.5 inches, & one 8.5 x 0.625 inches. I spritzed the thinner strip with Cut Grass Dylusion Spray, & the wider strip with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusion Spray. On the wider strip, I placed the Andy Skinner Rollerball stencil over the top, & spritzed with water, to take out some of the colour, & leave a dotty pattern. I used Studio Black Gesso to stamp the Chevron Element onto the narrow green canvas strip.
I glued the canvas strips to the Grungepaper base with Glossy Accents, for extra stick.
I used various Guilding Waxes to colour some large eyelets & some Ideaology Foliage.
I punched some holes with a Cropadile, & added the eyelets. I attached the Foliage with turquoise pearl brads, then added an Ideaology Hitch Fastening to one end of the cuff.
I added some rather suspect hand-stitching around the hole at the other end of the cuff, so don't look too closely! Lol! 
I hope you like my arty cuff! I don't know about you, but I do love to make art that I can wear :o)
Thanks for looking,
Alison xxx

20 comments:

mark gould said...

I love it Alison. What a great make. The grunge paper looks brilliant and the accent colours fit really well. X

massofhair said...

Beautiful cuff Alison! I enjoy making wearable items more and more, yours is a stunner :-)

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! ~Sophia

Helen said...

Love it Alison, great colours.

Clare Lloyd said...

Brilliant, such great colours too.

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great make , fab colours too x hugs trace. X

Sid said...

Very Nice indeed !

toni said...

Gorgeous piece of wearable art. Love the colours and the addition of the turquoise brads is brilliant! Very classy x

hazel said...

I love this lots Alison - it's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Words and Pictures said...

Completely lovely, Alison - I love those teals and greens, especially the little accents on those beautifully gilded flowers - gorgeous!
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

What a conversation piece this lovely cuff will be! Everyone will be asking where they can buy one too! It's stunning! Julie Ann xx

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!
Wishes
Lynne

~*~Patty S said...

Really lovely Alison!!!
oxo

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is amazing! I remember, you often used to make beautiful wearable art at my house,

Lucy x

Karin said...

This is gorgeous Alison.

Paper Profusion said...

Brilliantly done Alison - this looks fabulous. Nicola x

Astrid Maclean said...

I absolutely adore wearable art and particularly cuffs. This one is a stunner!!! Totally love it and thanks for some fab inspiration!!

Marjie Kemper said...

That's just absolutely gorgeous! Off to pin...

Artyjen said...

Wearable art? Yours looks just fab! ;)
xoxo Sioux