Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Roaring Twenties by Linda Ledbetter


Hello, crafty friends! This is Linda from StudioL3.com, back for my third and final project as Guest Designer for the fabulously lovely folks at The Artistic Stamper.

This three-paneled card features imagery from the beautiful 1920s Ladies Plate, part of The Artistic Stamper's costume category. I just adore these elegant ladies. I stamped each of them onto Ranger's Specialty Stamping Paper using Jet Black Archival Ink, then colored them with Distress Markers. The mottled backgrounds were created by scribbling Distress Markers onto my non-stick Craft Sheet, picking up ink with a Water Brush and "pouncing" the bristles onto the paper.


I mounted each image panel onto a piece of heavy cardstock that I'd painted with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint, the mounted the three onto a piece of black mat board. Finally, I stamped the text onto plain white cardstock, outlined the edges with a black marker, and attached the words using dimensional foam tape.


It's truly been an honor to be The Artistic Stamper's guest designer, and I'm so grateful to Emma, Jenny and everyone at TAS for their hospitality! Thanks to you, too, for sharing your time with me. I hope you have a spectacular day!

xo,
Linda

7 comments:

Vic said...

Fabulous!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab creation! Love your elegant ladies,great colouring and I really like how you did the backgrounds with the markers, fab idea! Love also how you edged each of the word panels with the black marker pen, these little touches just make all the difference to the finished piece I think.

Sid said...

Very classy !

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

same as Astrid ;-) (not easy for me to express my feelings in English !)

so in a word : stunning !!!

Chris aka Scrappylassie said...

Very classy! Great tutorial. Will try these techniques.

Words and Pictures said...

They are so elegant - love the trio of panels, so prettily inked with the markers... lovely technique. I think the flapper on the left is my favourite in her daring backless claret-coloured dress!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautifully colored Linda...love the background!