Monday 5 August 2013

Unique Self by Sioux Jenneys

Happy August everyone!
I don't know about you but I make backgrounds in my journals and then it's ages before I ever complete them! So here is what happened to a background that was ready and waiting to go :)


1. I made the background using a combination of Archival inks, Distress Inks and Adirondack paint dabbers. Using the graph paper background in Distress faded jeans and fantasy border in Archival sepia.


Adding Swirls in paint dabber, splats in Archival crimson and dots (from swirls, splats and dots!) stamped in a very random way!


2. I did not have the words I needed but made them up by stamping other words from journaling words 1, 2 and 3creative art thoughts, and a q from Dance A5 that contained the letters I needed.
They were then cut apart, pieced back together and mounting on some black card. These were then attached to the background with glossy accents.

3. The very quirky but very cool Kiki was stamped to the side in Archival black.



Hope you get the chance to finish an old background in your journal :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

8 comments:

craftytrog said...

Love that background! Great page Sioux! xxx

Sid said...

Lovely to complete all those UFO's !

Julia Dunnit said...

well I would have trouble deciding which background to use if i pre-made...I'm so ,pants at choice! loving the dots and swirls combo..and the fab alpha style.

Crafting Queen said...

Love the background you created and what a super page. Love those words!

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful stamping over that fabulous background - what a great page. Love the words!
Alison x

Joanne said...

What a clever use of so many things. Well done.
xx

Dawn Louise said...

Clever detailed page and love the colours x

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab background and page