Sunday 2 March 2014

Phineas Pinchbeck Steampunk Shrine with Linda Cain

Hi, Linda Cain here for a fun time on the Artistic Stamper's Blog with a little tutorial using a Steampunk Shrine Kit. I was really thrilled when Jennie asked me to be a Guest Designer. So let's get started!

 
I LOVE the Fresco Chalk Paints from PaperArtsy, so that's what I use here. 
 
 
These kits are from Masonite and so I lay the pieces out and base coat with Stone paint. The great part is you can paint and stamp on a flat surface, then glue it together! Pretty cool!

 
The next layer is with Pumpkin Soup, Tango, Autumn Fire and Blood Orange. Just a touch of Brown Shed is tapped here and there.

 
I used Mermaid, Bora Bora, Beach Hut and Inky Pool on the other sides that will become the outside surfaces. I added a bit of Guacamole on the edges. Don't be too picky as your backgrounds are going to be covered up with LOTS of STAMPS! 
 
Now comes my favorite part! I get really excited when I see how awesome the Jet Black Archival Ink shows up on the colorful backgrounds!!! The tiny gears from the Borders fill in the spots, and Numbers go on the sides.
  
I'm all about Numbers...they just do something for me.
 
 
 I flipped the pieces over and stamped the outside pieces. I absolutely LOVE this Sequin Waste stamp with Goose Grease! Another Border stamp fills in the edges around the Winged Wheel.
  
Using small stamps from the Numerical Plate on the propeller and a 45 in the gear will add some interest. The Calligraphic Map is stamped on the top piece of the Shrine and white pen marks are added for more contrast.
 
 
After you glue this together with a small amount of glue, you can see how cool the stamping is on the back.
 
I added a Screw Eye to the side and 3 Gears hanging with Jump rings.
 
 
I glued vintage labels to 2 Apothecary Bottles with Glue-n-Seal.  A Label Clip fit perfectly on the front, and the Clock Key looks good in the middle of the gear stamp. I used a Dremmel to drill the hole for the key.
 
 
White pen marks along the edges make the colors pop.
 
So, that's it for me for today. I'll be back again later in the month with another project using these wonderful stamps from
The Artistic Stamper!
 
Your Friend in ART,
Linda
 
 
Artistic Stamper stamps:
Numerical Plate A5 - Katy Fox
 
Other Products:
Crafter's Pick The Ultimate White Glue 

19 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous project! Love Phineas!

massofhair said...

Beautiful creation Linda:-) xxx

Linda O'Connor said...

So cool, Linda

Linda O'Connor said...

So cool, Linda

Meme said...

These are flipping amazing!

Sid said...

Brilliant !

sally said...

A really cool creation!

Sally

Helen said...

Fabulous Linda - perfect stamping and love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Linda, it is wonderful!! I knew your projects for the AS would be & this is really stunning.

rachel said...

this looks amazing - love the colours xx

Weasel said...

Great colours, love that shrine too!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Wow ! Linda, what an amazing shrine !

lafée said...

un seul mot fabuleux!!!!

RaNae Ellett said...

AS usual Linda, you have done a magnificent job. I love the colors and yes the white pen dots just make the colors pop! What a unique piece. The possibilities of your mind never cease to amaze me. Wonderful, Magnificent piece of artwork!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Thank you everyone! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic to have you with us, Linda, and what a fabulous project - Pinchbeck and co have never looked better - stunning!
Alison x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous and so vibrant. I love your work, linda,

Lucy x

Kathi said...

I love this! Fabulous colors on this wonderful Steampunk shrine!

craftytrog said...

Wow!!! What an amazing creation Linda! I love it!!!
Alison xxx