Friday 29 January 2016

Gibson Girl Door Hanging by Gemma

Hi Everyone

I really like reusing my old, no longer loved stuff, at the moment its my old CDs. A while ago I put most of my music on my computer, and could not bring myself to throw the CDs away. slowly, very slowly I am painting them.



 I prepared three CDs by covering them with gesso and punching holes in them so I could link them together once I had finished decorating them. Them I painted over the top with various shades of brown paint mostly from the paperartsy fresco finish line.


The background of the CDs was decorated using the Grid, Lace and a Calligraphy matt stamps and more paint.


Once that was completely dry I stamped out three of the Gibson Girl stamps with versa mark ink, one on each CD and then heat embossed the images using a detailed embossing powder. I also added bits of embossing in other areas.




I added a small amount of white paint to the girls to help highlight them from the background without covering all the paint and stamping underneath them. 


I then stamped the small flower from Lesley's flowers, which I painted and then went over with a black paint pen. To finish I added words from a favourite song, linked them together using wire rings and added a couple of beads from my stash.




Thank you for reading
Please comment, follow and join in the challenges, we really do appreciate all your input. 

Gemma (inkykitty)

4 comments:

sarascloset said...

great project from old CD's! the touch of white on the girls is the perfect touch!

Jane said...

These look brilliant x

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous! I love the Gibson girl images anyways and making a hanging from them - just fabulous! Thank you for sharing Karen xx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi Gemma this is a lovely project and a good idea for those old CD's. x