Thursday 1 February 2018

February's Creative Challenge - "Roses are Red"( use the colour Red)

Hi!
 A Big thank you to everyone who joined in last month's challenge.Everyone's challenge pieces were amazing.
February's challenge is Roses are Red ( using the colour red)  , and can be interpreted any way you like, as long as it has rubber stamping in it.
 

To join in with this challenge (we are limiting the challenge entries to 3 per person), is simple; all we would like you to do is, make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubber stamping. Pop back here to link up using the Inklinkz at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge.
 As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive a stamp of their choice from The Artistic Stamper .
In addition, you can enter the same challenge on Facebook!
To join us on just go to our new Facebook group, and send us a request to join..  There will be a prize for the Facebook challenge, as well as the blog challenge!
And don't forget....if you use The Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice! To get you started here are creations from some of the team...

Angie Coomber
For this card I used kraft card which I decorated with a paper doily, Graphic 45 paper, the Artistic Stamper Heart Background and the Artistic Stamper postcard stamp. I also used distress inks as well as embossing powder around the edges, and ribbon and crystals for the finishing touches.

 



Titbelsoeur


To make this card, I have stamped this very new Neil Walker Heart Square & Border with Archival ink, then painted it with watercolours. Then I used this basic watercolour technique, in French we say "ouvrir les blancs", meaning you pass your wet paintbrush in the circles and wipe with a paper towel.
And I have embossed the words "with love" from Grungy Greetings #2





To make my flowers I decorated a sheet of A3 card. I started my layering different colours of Distress Oxides onto the card. Once those layers were dry I continued adding layers with stamps and a stencil from The Artistic Stamper ( Harlequin Background stamp, Calligraphy Mat 15Harlequin mask ) before dies cutting lots of petals and gluing and shaping them to form flowers.  Please pop along to my blog for more details.


Lisa Winnard


I cut a piece of 350gsm white card to 7" x 7" and used Distress Oxide Inks - Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral and Fired Brick to ink the background. I applied the inks with ink blending brushes to have a nice covered area of colour. I then went around the edges with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. I used the Mini Background #1 stamp set with the 3 colours of red Distress Oxide to add some patterns to the background. I tore 3 squares from the white card just bigger than the heart stamp, then inked the the same way as the background. I then stamped the heart on to the three torn squares using black VersaFine ink and adhered them to the background. I used the Decay Alphabet - lower case to stamp the words directly on to the background. To finish, I mounted the card on to a piece of 7.5" x 7.5" black card.



We hope that you will join in this month's challenge, and also join us on Facebook too.

We look forward to seeing your creations. Don't forget to add a comment when you have posted your entry.

Have a very creative  month

Jennie xx




18 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely DT work and a great theme, happy Feb! xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful projects! I love red! This is a great challenge! I have a question... I used clear stamps - does that count as rubber stamping?

sarascloset said...

What a fabulous challenge theme and even better inspiration! I can't believe I've made two Valentine's cards already, and neither of them have red on them!

Drea Slee said...

Fantastic red inspiration! Thanks for the fun challenge!

ionabunny said...

Ooh lovely. Need some hot colours in my life. HUgz

Craftyfield said...

Great choice of theme! Lovely makes from the DT, I love these flowers!

Wendy said...

Lovely design team samples. Thank you for the "red" challenge. It is perfect for the month of February!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful theme for the month! Such lovely creations from the Design Team too, thank you for the wonderful inspiration 😁. Wishing you all a Happy February! 😊

Janis said...

Totally fabulous samples by the artistic team!! I love Angie's birds and Gemma's flowers. Wow!

Thank you for another wonderful challenge!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Eemeli said...

Not my favorite color but I am quite happy how my card turned out.

Hugs,
Eemeli

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great challenge and look forward to joining in. Angela xXx

Annie said...

Fabulous chalenge and I am delighted to be joining in x

TFS fab DT projects

Annie x

Kate Yetter said...

Some beautiful inspiration by the DT.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I don't use red often but so pleased I can join in with hubby's card! Chrisx

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for the challenge and wonderful inspirations throughout the month xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love red and all the inspiration. My first challenge with Artistic Stamper too! :)

Karenladd said...

Red is one of my favorite colors so I love this fun challenge!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A great theme for the month of 'Love.' Thanks to the DT for their wonderful and artistic inspiration, it's lovely to be joining you again x